BIG IDea a Platform to support businesses in Ontario in leading and innovating accessible inclusive practices.
ACCESSIBILITY IS YOUR BUSINESS
Accessibility is more than ramps and accessible washrooms. Accessibility means more business. Several facts you need to know about this market:
- Approximately 6,200,000 Canadians have a disability, that’s almost 1 in every 5 Canadians.
- $55.4 billion CDN is the estimated buying power of Canadians with disability . This number grows to $366.5 billion CDN when you add in friends and family.
- The prevalence of disability increases steadily with age: 1 in 3 Canadian seniors have a disability.
- Seniors are Canada’s fastest-growing age group. They are expected to make up 25% of our population by 2036.
- Globally, there are approximately 1.3 billion people with disabilities. Their buying power is estimated to be greater than $1.2 trillion USD, or $8.1 trillion USD when friends and family are included.
If you want to learn how to make your business more accessible you can use our free resources
Do you have an accessibility or inclusion challenge that you want to suggest we tackle at our next design challenge?
Get resources and training
We’re gathering and creating resources and training materials to help you learn about and become more inclusive. Visit the Resources section to learn more about:
- How inclusion increases market share
- Providing Inclusive Customer Experience
- Communications that are Inclusive
- Free Accessibility Training for You and Your Employees
- Quick and Simple Inclusion Approaches
Get help with accessibility and inclusion challenges
- Submit a challenge
- Check your web site
Create a business listing on the Accessibility Map
Let potential customers know what you have in place to make their visit inclusive. Get listed on accessibility cloud–it’s easy to do and will get your business on all of these great accessibility applications:
- AXS Maps
Submit your business to our Inclusion Showcase
Have you made a small or big change that makes your business more inclusive or accessible for your customers? Tell us about it and we may showcase your business on our web site.